Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Konad image plate! m83



When I saw the new image plates from Konad, I couldn't wait to get my hands on m83. I ordered mine from wowsocool.com the day they came out. I've had them for a while and am just getting around to posting these pics. This plate will be really cute for Valentine's Day since there are some great images with hearts on them.

But for now, here's what I did and used:
  • Ulta ridge filler
  • Forever 21's Love & Beauty in royal (base color)
  • China Glaze in Cheers to You (design color)
  • OPI top coat
  • Konad image plat m83

I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to use the Forever 21 polish again. The first time I used it, I wasn't crazy about the color after 3 coats. I thought it was too dark. But this time I did just 2 coats and I'm kinda lovin this color combo. With 2 coats, it's a shimmery dark teal and looks GREAT with the silver stamped on top. Definitely trying out this combo again!!

So tell me what you think? What other polishes have you tried from the Forever 21 collection? Any issues with those??

- CCC

2 comments:

  1. Is it fair to assume that using other polish is ok for plates? Do you think the special polish is better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ The Narc: Some of the special polishes are better. For example, I haven't really found a great white color that stamps well on top of everything.

    But some regular colors do stamp well. If they are thicker and if you use contrasting colors (like a dark color on top of a light base color), it should work out fine. It's a lot cheaper, you just have to try them out! Let us know how it works for you!

    - CCC

    ReplyDelete