Friday, February 4, 2011

shatter

So I recently hit a sale with Zoya and this is one of the colors I picked out. It is a warm gold toned polish as you can see below. It is called Richelle. I really like the color but it is a little sheer, I think I applied 3 coats for this look. I also picked up a bottle of opi shatter from the Katy Perry line. I had been patiently waiting for this one to come out. (ok not so patiently I called ulta at least 3 times waiting for it lol) I have read about it on many blogs and had to try it out for myself.


It only takes seconds to form the crackled look. I snapped this photo above just after applying it to my nail. It only takes one coat and instantly separates to create this look.






At first I love loved the look but then I realized it doesn't come out the same on each nail and it started to bother me. I like the look but it will not look the same on every nail so I probably won't wear it much. I think the effect can be altered by how much polish you put onto the nail and also how much pressure you apply with the brush. Either way it is a cool idea and a fun nail for a crazy day !
If you like this look or have tried it..tell me about it, I would love to hear from you!
-CCC

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I didn't know it would look different on each nail. Now I'm not so sure I want to try it.

    But the base color is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete