Sunday, October 24, 2010

MIRROR SHINE

So I saw this commercial for avon for a duo lipstick/gloss in one and I had to try it. Its called the Avon Pro color and gloss duo. I got mines in sunset glow. It is a little strange to apply at first but the color lasted and I have to say I really love this duo. Heres a link if you want to see it.click hereWhile I was there I also picked up a few avon polishes to try them out. I saw some good reviews for this mirror shine polish so I tried it out for myself. I got it in peach ice and polish (the purplish one). I have to say I am kinda dissapointed with these polishes. The peach ice was so light you could barely see it, sorry I didn't take any pics, I'll prob swatch it in a few days. However, I did try the purple one out and it wasn't all that great. It took 2 coats, could have gotten away with one coat but did 2 just to cover any lighter spots. It looks pretty but I wouldn't call it a mirror shine polish! It also chipped after only 1 DAY !!! not so good... so I say stay away from the avon mirror shine, the only thing it got going for it, is that its cheap. Til next time.
-CCC





Peach ice (on the left) and polish (on the right)





This is Avon's mirror shine in the color polish...no points for a unique name ...really polish???



A pretty purple but did not live up to my expectations, I have to say Avon let me down in the nail polish dept.

1 comment:

  1. this polish really works with konad stamping nail art, try polishing your nails black and stamp with mirror shine.

    ReplyDelete