Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year!



I found this design through a YouTube video tutorial. I think it's super cute for New Years or, as I realized after I finished my nails, for watching the Saints! I wanted to do the design on my ring finger, but there wasn't enough room since I recently cut my nails - so thumbs it was!

Here's what I used:
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out (2 coats)
  • Milani Nail Art in Art of Gold (for the gold fading effect, which I did by using a make up sponge and for the champagne in the glasses. The 2011 isn't great on that thumb but the glasses were better than the other one - don't you hate when that happens?)
  • Sally Hansen French Manicure Pen in Pure White for the white detailing on the thumb.
  • OPI top cot to top it all off

What do you think? Do you have any big plans for New Year's? What about resolutions?

- CCC

2 comments:

  1. And I was just looking for a design for New Years! Love it! Must learn to do this glitter design.

    :)

    follow me too!
    http://paintingemup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really easy to do and there are lots of YouTube video tutorials on it. Just put your base coat and pour out a little of the polish you want for your top color. Dab a make up sponge in it and sponge it onto the nail making it heavier on the tip and fading it out. And if you go too glitter happy (like I did) just lightly sponge on the base color on top to thin out the glitter.

    ReplyDelete